My life

Oh my word, the new year is here!!!

11:59 PM

xt-align: center;">


 Happy 2017!! 


Thank the LORD, we get to see another day. I must admit that since 'Y2K' and the change of the millenium, it's hard to remember that it is indeed the 21st century!
my future is so bright, I gotta wear shades....


Do you make new year's resolutions? I stopped last year and instead chose a 'word of the year' to guide me. That word was JOY

 Which fell apart sometime in June, when our huge Mulberry tree fell on our house and we all subsequently had one ailment or another for the remainder of the year.
June 2016 View from my kitchen window looks like a scene from TREES!



I feel somewhat late to the party as everyone in the blogosphere already has revealed their WOTY. I suppose it's better to be late and fully dressed than not show up at all. I've pondered long and hard, without further ado my word of the year is:


Definition of rally

  1. transitive verb
  2. 1 a :  to muster for a common purpose b :  to recall to order
  3. 2 a :  to arouse for action b :  to rouse from depression or weakness
  4. intransitive verb
  5. 1 :  to come together again to renew an effort
  6. 2 :  to join in a common cause
  7. 3 :  recover, rebound <rallied briefly from his illness>
  8. 4 :  to engage in a rally
Rally(n.d.). Retrieved January 8, 2017, from https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rally


In Italiano: riprendersi
En français:se rependre

Share on Twitter Rally is simply what I need to do. I don't want to metamorphise or transform into a swan, because I'm not an ugly duckling! I need to keep my spirit up, confront and overcome obstacles as they come and take up my cross

Matthew 16:24-26

The Cross and Self-Denial
24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life?[a] Or what shall a man give in return for his life?[b]
Footnotes:
  1. 16.26 life (both times): A play on the word “life” —natural and supernatural; cf. Mk 8.35-36.
  2. 16.26 life (both times): A play on the word “life” —natural and supernatural; cf. Mk 8.35-36.
Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE) The Revised Standard Version of the Bible: Catholic Edition, copyright © 1965, 1966 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved
I put a lot of pressure on myself; I need to be nicer to myself and take things more in stride.

By rallying, I will lift myself and others, especially my men.


Must keep St. Teresa of Avila's prayer, constantly on my mind:





I am looking forward to reading this book which was one of my Christmas presents.


I also need to wrap up some WIPs. I might go on a yarn diet too!

Brain Frieze by Susan Ashcroft

Mashrabiya Vest & Shawl by Sarah Wilson



In the comments, tell me what resolutions or word have you chosen for 2017?







 Click here to join my FB VIP group!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ciao! I look forward to reading your your message!

Subscribe



Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *