Walk the walk and talk the talk on election day7:49 PM
Election day is here, are you fulfilling your duties to our nation? What about the person you're thinking of voting(or keeping) in office?
The Baltimore Catechism, is as valid today as it was when it was written Take note:
245. What are the duties of a citizen toward his country?A citizen must love his country, be sincerely interested in its welfare, and respect and obey its lawful authority.
246. How does a citizen show a sincere interest in his country's welfare?A citizen shows a sincere interest in his country's welfare by voting honestly and without selfish motives, by paying just taxes, and by defending his country's rights when necessary.
247. Why must we respect and obey the lawful authority of our country?We must respect and obey the lawful authority of our country because it comes from God, the Source of all authority.
248. Why are we obliged to take an active part in works of good citizenship?We are obliged to take an active part in works of good citizenship because right reason requires citizens to work together for the public welfare of the country.
249. What are the chief duties of those who hold public office?The chief duties of those who hold public office are to be just to all in exercising their authority and to promote the general welfare.
Give ear, you that rule the people, and that please yourselves in multitudes of nations; for power is given you by the Lord, and strength by the most High, who will examine your works, and search out your thoughts. (Wisdom 6:3-4)
The National Catholic Register has a succinct checklist for Catholic voters.
As one of my favorite priest says, "I preach the truth in and out of season"
The bodies in those wombs are babies, not clumps of cells. The Church has always believed this, and put it into words in Humanae Vitae. If you've ever seen an ultrasound, you know this is true. So we must follow the commandments of God.: Thou shalt not kill. (Exodus 20:13).
LIFE is the first inalienable right mentioned in the Declaration of Independence!