Et cetera

Wild Yeasts couldn't tear me away...

7:21 PM

So, after having my breadmaker for just over a year, I've decided to take the plunge. Following the recipe on the KingArthurFlour website, I have mixed together sugar, water, yeast and whole-wheat flour(of course) in the hopes of catching ''wild'' yeasts and creating my very own sourdough starter. This is supposed to take from 2 to 5 days and if I take care of it properly, it should last for a long time. In fact, the one King Arthurs sells is over 240 years old!

So, so far so good...it's beginning to bubble....

Maybe if it actually works, I'll have some kind of contest to name my starter :)

Ooh, could i sell it on etsy too? I wonder.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Belated Happy New Year !
    I'd enjoy having one of your recipes in my recipes box. :)

    I also bake my own bread (without breadmaker), but I never try to make my own sourdough starter.
    I'd like to try it!

    I can't wait to see your bread with your first own sourdough!

    ReplyDelete

Ciao! I look forward to reading your your message!

Subscribe



Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *